Diploma in Mathematics
The Diploma in Mathematics is a two-year, 62 credit hours study program designed to equip its holders with adequate knowledge, skills, and competencies in mathematics and statistical analysis. The program focuses on pairing theoretical explanations with practical work in the form of problem solving and projects. In addition, the program follows a modern liberal arts approach by exposing the students to a sound knowledge of general sciences, the arts, study of the Omani culture, mastery of general computing skills, and efficient usage of Arabic and English languages.
Although the Diploma holders may exit the university education with this degree, they will also have opportunities to continue their education to complete Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mathematics if they satisfy the requirements for admission to the BS in Mathematics programs, then all the credits that are successfully completed in the Diploma program are transferable to the BS programs.
To graduate with the Diploma in Mathematics, students must satisfactorily complete 60 credit hours of course work from the courses that are described in the Program of Study with an overall minimum average of 65 percent.
This component consists of the following nine courses encompassing 27 credit hours:
- ARAB 101 الكتابة الأكاديمية باللغة العربية
- CMPS 100B: Introduction to Technical Computer for the Sciences
- ENGL 101: Basic Academic English I
- ENGL 102: Basic Academic English II
- ENGL 203: Advanced Academic English I
- ENGL 204: Advanced Academic English II
- MATH 199: Calculus I
- SOCS 100: World Civilizations I
- SOCS 102 المجتمع العماني
This component consists of a one, 3-credit hour course in any other majors (Highly Recommended CMPS 110).
This component consists of the following twelve courses encompassing 32 credit hours:
- CHEM 130: Chemical Principles I
- CHEM 130L: Introductory Chemistry Laboratory
- MATH 120: Geometry and Trigonometry
- MATH 200: Calculus II
- MATH 205: Calculus III
- MATH 210: Differential Equations
- MATH 240: Mathematics Computer Applications I
- MATH 250: Probability and Statistics
- MATH 255: Statistical Inference
- MATH 260: Numerical Analysis
- PHYS 170: Fundamentals of Physics I
- PHYS 170L: Introductory Physics Laboratory
Click on the following link to download Study Plan….
Click here to download Study Plan for Diploma in Mathematics