Master Of Education In Education Admin
The Master in Educational Administration at Dhofar University is a two-year program that aims to prepare effective educational administrators and practitioners according to international standards and contemporary thought in the field. In addition, the program aims to equip its graduates with the requisite skills and competencies for conducting action research as well as utilizing modern technology in their administrational and professional practice.
Graduates of the program will understand the theory and practice of educational administration aspects such as plan.
Graduates of the program will be able to manage daily activities and oversee a variety of educational institutions, including, schools and colleges and universities. They set educational standards and goals and set up procedures and policies to accomplish them. They oversee teachers, librarians, counselors, coaches, managers and support staff.
The program of study consists of a series of specialization courses in educational administration to qualify the graduates to create an educational programs, train and inspire teachers and staff, monitor the overall school students’ achievement progress, prepare school, institutional budgets and manage records, career counseling and other student services.
Students will follow the program of study that is described below under the supervision of their academic advisors. That program is made of a set of seven compulsory courses and another set of elective courses from which the students should select two ( In the case of thesis ) or 3 credit hours in the case of project.
All through the program the students will collect the materials that were developed during the course work and that attest to the student’s convictions, accomplishments, and experiences. Students will also identify personal strengths, limitations, and develop goals for their on-going professional development.
The Master in Educational Administration program aims to produce graduates who:
- Are well prepared in educational thought, scientific research methodology, decision making, dealing with all educational issues.
- Understand the various types of supervision, planning, educational economics, professional development and educational administration.
Admission to the Master of Education in Educational Administration program is competitive and requires the candidate to:
- Have a bachelor degree recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in any field of study.
- Success in the admission interview conducted by the University.
To graduate with a Masters degree in Educational Administration, a student must:
- Satisfactorily complete 33 credits with a cumulative average of no less than 75%. The passing grade in a graduate course is 70%.
- Complete a master’s project/thesis.
The program consists of 33 credit hours distributed as follows:
- 21 credit hours of required core courses
- 6 credit hours of elective courses for the thesis choice or 9 for the project stream.
- 3 credit hours of research project -or 6 credit hours for the thesis stream.
- EDUC 591 RESEARCH METHODS IN EDUCATION
- EDUC 670 EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION
- EDUC 671 EDUCATIONAL PLANNING
- EDUC 672 EDUCATIONAL SUPERVISION
- EDUC 673 MODERN TECH IN EDUCATION
- EDUC 674 READINGS IN ED. ADM IN ENGLISH
- EDUC 675 ECONOMICS OF ED
- EDUC 695 THESIS (6CREDITS) OR EDUC 692 PROJECT (3 CREDITS)
- EDUC 525 ORGANIZATION BEHAVIOUR
- EDUC 555 PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- EDUC 677 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN EDUCATION
- EDUC 635 EFFECTIVE TEACHING
- EDUC 680 CURRICULUM
- EDUC 678 STATISTICAL ANALYSIS IN EDUCATION
- MNGT 460 PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
- MNGT 457 SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Click on the following link to download Study Plan….
Click here to download Master of Education in Education Administration