Dr. Khedr M. Abo Hassan
Muhammad Asif Gondal
Khedr M. Abo Hassan, Israr Ul Hassan, Fadi A. Awawadeh, Husein M. Jaradat
Sabir Ali Siddiqui, Raed M. Abdelkarim, Mohammad Idrees, Ridha Horchani, Sameen Ahmed Khan, Inayatur Rehman.
Gowhar Ahmed, Mohammed Abdull Tabidi.
Yousri H. Youseef
Hajer Ali Mohammed AL Shanfari
The mission of the Mathematics and Sciences Unit is to provide the students with theoretical and practical knowledge in mathematics and the sciences. This knowledge can be applied to different academic disciplines, teaching, or professional fields. The Unit works to provide its students with the background and critical thinking skills required for life-long learning in mathematical and scientific areas.
The objectives of the Math & Science Unit are:
- Meet the interests and career goals of students by offering them flexible programs in mathematics and sciences that would lead to having bachelors of science;
- Provide undergraduate sciences and engineering majors with a strong theoretical and experimental education in preparation for careers in academia, industry, or graduate studies;
- Prepare students for graduate study in basic or applied research, in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and related fields;
- Prepare students for careers that demand the use of mathematics and sciences such as teaching, and careers that require the use of mathematics and sciences;
- Help students develop as rounded individuals by structuring the program within a liberal arts education framework where students are exposed to different fields of knowledge, including literature, philosophy, education, and the arts;
- Provide students with solid liberal education, training and appropriate learning skills and values; and
- Promote life-long independent learning.
Graduates of the program in Mathematics will be able to:
- Apply the theory and ideas in sciences and engineering applications;
- Use the mathematical computer soft-wares in the sciences and engineering;
- Utilize the statistical techniques in different applications;
- Apply the advanced mathematics theory and practice, in areas of computing and numerical analysis, abstract algebra, mathematical analysis.
Graduates will have many career choices spanning a wide range of fields. Most notable are: teacher, researcher and statistician. Graduates will have employment opportunities in schools, banks and companies. Innovative fields include education, industry, commerce and many other related industries.