Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Arabic Language
- Reinforcing the students’ language ability and make them acquire the skills of correct expression.
- Reinforcing students’ literary ability to realize beauty in language styles.
- Familiarize students with methods of using the different books and references in the library as well as heritage books.
- Developing the students’ skills in reading and speaking and encouraging them to think logically and creatively.
- Developing students writing and dictation abilities and skills and training them to write correctly.
- Training students to use the correct forms of syntax and morphology while reading, writing or expressing.
- Developing the Arabic Language and trying to spread it as it is the language of religion and civilization.
(120 credit hours)
The study plan is divided into:
- University Requirements (15 credit hours)
- Program Requirements (96 credit hours)
- Major Electives (9 credit hours)
15 credit hours
- Academic writing in Arabic
- Basic Academic English I
- Introduction to IT (Arts only)
- Omani Society
- Basic Academic English II
(96 credit hours)
Major core courses
- ARAB 102 Syntax and Morphology (1)
- ARAB 103 Introduction to Arabic Literature
- ARAB 104 Advanced Academic Writing
- ARAB 105 Pre-Islamic Literature
- ARAB 106 Introduction to Linguistics
- ARAB 202 Syntax and Morphology (2)
- ARAB 203 Phonetics
- ARAB 204 Studies in Quran and Hadith
- ARAB 205 Lexicography and Terminology
- ARAB 206 Modern Arabic Novel
- ARAB 207 Jihad Poetry
- ARAB 208 Special Topic in Literature
- ARAB 209 Ancient Arabic Prose and fiction
- ARAB 210 Historical Linguistics
- ARAB 213 Stylistics
- ARAB 303 Andalusian Literature
- ARAB 304 Modern Arabic Poetry
- ARAB 305 Sociolinguistics
- ARAB 306 Modern Arabic Drama
- ARAB 307 Theory of Literature and Criticism
- ARAB 308 Syntax and Morphology (3)
- ARAB 309 Prosody
- ARAB 310 Overseas Literature
- ARAB 401 Modern Arabic Renaissance Literature
- ARAB 402 Syntax and Morphology (4)
- ARAB 403 Mystic Literature
- ARAB 404 Folk Literature
- ARAB 405 Applied Linguistics
- ARAB 406 Abbasid Poetry
- ARAB 407 Applied Phonetics
- ARAB 408 Comparative Literature
- ARAB 409 Special Topic in Language
Major Elective Courses
(9 credit hours)
- ARAB 211 Literary and Linguistic Sources and References
- ARAB 212 Oman and Arabian Peninsula Literature
- ARAB 214 Arabic Dialects
- ARAB 311 Arabic Rhetoric
- ARAB 313 Literary Text Appreciation
- ARAB 314 Language Workshop
- ARAB 315 Issues in Omani Literature
- ARAB 411 Orientalism and Orientalists
- ARAB 412 Modern Studies in Linguistics
Click on the following link to download Study Plan….
Click here to download Study Plan for Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Arabic Language